Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 104

Thread: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

  1. #21
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    So I take it you give Moore 2 thumbs down??..lol..j/k...reading that was like reading War and Peace tho.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    I watched BFC. It was alright for fiction. If you're going to make a point, do it without doctoring people quotes and editing out what they say, and tell the damn truth. All things he can't do.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #23
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    The way I view Moore's docs is this: he takes truth and bends it to try to shock people into action...and in doing so turns truths into half truths and lies...so I don't put much stock in him. But I do land on the same side as him on many issues tho.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #24
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    Well I believe he is telling to the truth, hasnt been proven that he doesnt..just what abunch of ppl that hate the man and film critics that thought "Maid in Manhattan" was a top 50 movie said...thats more than I can say about a whole lot of ppl in politics(presidents, senators, governors)

  5. #25
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    Uh, the NYFD is not a "volunteer" group. Besides, just look at those other "universal" health care systems. As great as they seem, they have as big, if not bigger flaws than the system we already have.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #26
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    Couldnt you just get to the point man? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

    No need in throwing facts out there, because you know thats all Moore throws out. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #27
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uh, the NYFD is not a "volunteer" group. Besides, just look at those other "universal" health care systems. As great as they seem, they have as big, if not bigger flaws than the system we already have. </div></div>

    The firefighters that I was referring to were volunteer, Inever said NYFD....well in my experience with them, they are pretty darn good

  8. #28
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    What exactly is your experience with Univeral Health care in foreign countries? St. Judes is not a part of a universal health care system.

    They are a fabulous institution, that relies on fundraising and donations. I have been effected by St. Judes in my family, and I couldn't thank them enough for what they did, but don't try to even compare them to a universal health care system. You would be dragging down St. Judes good name.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #29
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    All Im saying is universal healthcare is a prety good darn thing....like I said St Jude is basically a hospital that uses the system only its not run by the government..its actually run by only donations and if every hospital was like that than the US would be in a lot better shape health wise..so yeah universal healthcare is great IMO and I think I know first hand....Im pretty sure that if the fire department, police department and schools werent used by that system...we would be horrible shape...I dont think I would like to have to call and see if its pre-approved for the police or firefighters if I had a problem or if I had to pay tons amount of money for my education and if I didnt have the money Id be screwed if my house caught on fire or if someone tried to break in...it makes perfect sense to me...If we have billions and billions of dollars to spend on NASA or a war, then we have billions and billions to help the ppl of America

  10. #30
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    Do you really think every hospital could be run on donations?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •